Sunday, February 22, 2009

Thirty-ten












Tuesday was the day the big "thirty-ten" showed up on my door step. Actually it showed up the night before around 9:00 when my "friends" supported me with streamers of bras draped across my front yard. What a great visual for the security guard as he made his rounds all night. I'm not sure how long ago this tradition got started, but I've decided it's a little embarrassing. Funny, but embarrassing.
I'm calling it "thirty-ten" thanks to London. I'm liking the sound of that much better than the actual number. One of my friends suggested it is 18 with 22 years experience. Love that too. 18 was a pretty great year.
Celebrations were small at our house at my request. Brayden had a patriotic program at school that night so that was our entertainment. I'm not a cake fan, so no cake. Just take out Chinese and a night at home. :-)
The real celebrations began with the greatest gift of a weekend away at a snowy mountain cabin with girlfriends. No time frame, no responsibilities, no guilt. It was great. Lots of bonding, little sleep, facials, LA shopping, matching t-shirts and cheesecake. What more could a girl ask for?

5 comments:

JOY said...

Thanks for the fun Julie, er I mean Renee! The girly get-a-ways are getting more and more fun! Even the huge piles of laundry and dishes that I'm tackling today are worth the FUN! Happy Birthday!!!

The Hanna Family said...

Congrats on the birthday! Your friends sound hilarious. Thanks for inviting me to view your blog too.

Talk to you soon,

Michelle Hanna

Janna said...

I'm so glad that you had such a wonderful birthday! I just wish I could've joined you. And I love the shoes.

The Albert's said...

What a great get away! Loved the girl time. Can't wait to do it again. When can I borrow the shoes hehehehe

Sherry said...

Happy 'late' Birthday---The bras are hilarious. What great friends! Maybe we'll see you this month. Tell the family hi.