Sunday, March 8, 2009

Mustard and Wheat



















Today in Relief Society we were discussing some of the parables taught by the Savior. It reminded me of these photos I took years ago of the kids in a mustard field in Montana near Mom and Dad's cabin. Dallin hated the mustard field - too many things in his face.
The wheat pictures were taken in Alberta on the road just past Temple hill cemetary near Raymond. The field was loaded with with grasshoppers and when we opened the van door to get out it was like popcorn popping. They were everywhere. Being the "bug" person that I am NOT, it was a miracle that we got any pictures taken at all. The kids - well, not Haley- were totally enthralled with the critters.
When I look at these pictures it brings good thoughts to my mind. I am amazed at the innocence of youth and the wonderment they have for the world. I also get a greater perspective on what and how the Savior taught. My testimony and desire to be a little less of a "tare" and a little more of the "wheat" is increased. My determination to help my and my children's faith grow from a tiny seed- which mine often is- into that beautiful yellow mustard field, is strengthened. ... A good day :-)

7 comments:

Haley said...

fact: I think I was a freak of nature. I was too tall for life.

and fact: Dallin was BLONDE at one point!!! Soooooo weird.

Janna said...

Neat neat picture Renee. They are sooo cute! Makes me sad. I'm not ready for my own to grow up. And I was going to comment on Haley's height too. I can't believe how much taller than Jaime she was.

Renée said...

It really happens too fast. I spent last night feeling so blue that those moments are gone. Take lots of pictures and get lots of hugs.

Sherry said...

Beautiful pictures....the subjects and the symbolism. When I see your sweet Haley it does remind me how fast time goes by. When we first stayed with you many moons ago she was younger than what our Hailee is now. Pictures and hugs are a good reminder.

JOY said...

You are an amazing photographer - I hope you know that! (with amazing kids)

Dan and Annette Swainston Family said...

Renee, Loved the pictures. Our Children do grow up too fast! Makes me want them to be small again! You are an amazing mother! You have such beautiful Girls...They come from a mother that "knows". Thanks

Debbie said...

Love your pictures! So little! Gosh, where does the time go? Elise registered me for facebook (which I thought was so funny) I added Alan and your girls today but didn't find you. Do you have an account? I thought you mentioned you did, maybe it's just locked. ;-)