Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year

A new year, a new you/me. Well, maybe. Haley is leaving in 2 days to go back to school :-( and life just keeps moving. I love the holidays and it's a bit sad to me that they are over once again. Now it is time for goal setting and looking forward. Every year it I find myself settling on the same ones and never seem to get quite where I'd like to. But, I am on the path for improvement.
I suppose it comes back to one of my favourite quotes by Emerson:

"That which we persist in doing, becomes easier to do. Not that the nature of the thing has changed, but our power to do has increased."

4 comments:

Janna said...

It looks like you figured the blog thing out. It looks great! And I did get help on my blog from the blog fairy (Emily). :) Happy New Year! Talk to you soon.

And tell your girls to look for the black pick up now parked in front of the house.

Renée said...

I'm getting it slowly. My house is a disaster though. I don't think I need the blog fairy. I need a house fairy!!

JOY said...

WOW!!! What a difference from when I clicked on your site a few days ago! (I thought it looked good then!!)
Your stories made me cry!! What a sweet family you have. I love your dancing in the rain quote!!! We can do it - come what may and love it:)

JJ said...

Nice job on the blog. I am glad I have Jodi to do ours. Great pictures of your wonderful family. Tell Erin we like the music!