Thursday, September 30, 2010

Rev-- elation

So, I love to run.. Okay, I don't love to run, I just love the way running makes me feel. Don't ask me to explain it. Ask anyone who runs. They probably can't explain it either. There is something magical that happens to me when I run-- maybe it's the shoes. I do have a rather deep- probably unhealthy- relationship with my shoes. :-)
Am I a speedy runner? Nope. But I can get the job done. --Somedays better than others.
Hoping this Saturday will be one of those "better" days. If not, my friend (and kindred running partner of a million years), and I will have a great girlfriend trip with lots of after celebration shopping- a medal- and a spiffy new marathon shirt :o)

The first marathon we did I went into it hoping for some great revelation or insight into life-- it was going to be so profound... While I did gain a few insights, the biggest "aha" moment was when it was over and I thought- wow... that was just awful! So... I'm approaching this run with a different perspective: get through it, enjoy the ride, be sure you wear cute (and comfortable) gear, don't forget the IPOD, know that pain will be there at some point. But, the food at the end is terrific and in less than 48hours from now, I will be in a coma on some comfy hotel bed watching General Conference session #2.

Thanks St. George- looking forward to all 26.2 miles of your scenery (well, at least the first 20 anyway)

No comments: