13 candles--Major milestone at our house-- another Teenager! Yikes!! Under normal circumstances this would be a little bit scary. However.. under our roof, this new teen is pretty great. No raging hormones- (yet) and no bad attitude (trying not to hold my breath). We've done teenage girls and feel quite confident at our ability to "deal" with all their issues. However... the boy thing is totally different-- enter Dad--who keeps telling me to be prepared for goofy stuff.
Okay, I'm prepared. ..?
First thing "we" wanted for our birthday was a party. Not just any party. A boy/girl party. Okay...... breathe in, breathe out.. Plans were made and Dad promised to not abandon us for the history channel or anything involving a screen or ball during the event.
The night was great. A few kids from school and the sweetest (and cutest.. double yikes) girls came over for two hours of games and ice cream. Dad never left us- especially after one guest suggested they play hide and seek... outside.. in the back yard.. in the dark... Yeah, that got Dad's attention. Didn't happen. ;)
October 13--
Of course we can't leave out birthday boy Daddy. Our lives were so crazy this year that we really had to plan carefully to celebrate his special day. We treated him to Toy Story 3 and a birthday dinner complete with calls from his girls at school. He is the best daddy we could ask for. He's my sweetheart and best friend. He helps me be a better everything. Birthdays seem to come around so often but I am grateful for the chance to stop and really celebrate someone just "being". Greatest invention ever. :o)


2 comments:
WOW!!! Thirteen years. I remember when we drove out for his baby blessing and I wasn't too far along in my pregnancy with Hailee. In fact, I think I was sick and Brent had allergies or something. So how did you get your confidence with "dealing" with the teenage girls. We're just starting and gotta say.....neither one of us are feeling too confident. :) Wish we all lived closer.
Sherry- you WERE sick... so sick. I think almost as sick as I was pregnant with him at your wedding! My teen girls are/were easy. Some of their friends were a little tricky (but that's for a private conversation, haha)... You'll be a pro I'm sure. After all-- you ARE a girl and know all the fun teen girl secrets we never let guys in on :o)
Let's keep trying on that living closer thing kay??
Post a Comment