Monday, January 17, 2011

beautiful...

Not many other words can - or should describe the event we attended last weekend. Just Beautiful. Weddings are always wonderful, but this was really special. To see someone you love and have watched grow up make a perfect choice in a perfect place is nothing less than amazing. And, to see family members whom I love dearly be a part of it and share in the joy was enlightening. I have to say - Now I get it.

Let me explain by sharing my own wedding experience. Those who know me, I mean really know me, know that I am an extremely private person, and a little (okay- a lot) shy. I'm working on it every day and trying to be better. (The fact that this blog is not private and I have a Facebook with friends is a giant step.) So--when Alan and I got married I wanted the smallest room with the least amount of people present possible. Really, no one at all. Honestly, I think if I could have arranged for it to be just me in the temple I would have done it. Don't get me wrong. We have amazing families and the best friends, but I just had issues with others being around for something so personal. I've been to many weddings, but for some reason, my eyes were opened a little more this weekend. As I watched these two sweet people make sacred covenants in the house of the Lord, I realized it was truly a gift to be there and partake of the spirit. I am eternally grateful to have been present on the greatest occasion of their eternal lives.

So, thank you family for touching, opening, and teaching my heart. Thank you to the newest and cutest newlyweds on the planet. XoX

Auntie
Painting of the Orlando Temple done by my talented mother. A wedding present... hope they don't read my blog before they open their gift...

ps-- lest you think I don't have a camera full of beautiful photos of this gorgeous couple and family- I have opted to post only one of them until they share them. -- goes back to that odd privacy thing of mine-- ;o)

No comments: