First things first:
We are grandparents!! Well, not really. Our bunnies-- Dusty and Lilly had their very first litter of bunnies. (Actually, they were parents once before, but it was a sad story that I just can't bring myself to blog about) So... these little wonders are very precious to us! Very fun, Very cute, and VERY available!
Give us a call in a couple weeks.... we'll deliver them right to your front door. :D
Valentines
I LOVE Valentine's Day. Maybe it's because it's just before my birthday... or maybe it's just because I get to celebrate all the people in my life that I love.
The day was wonderful.... until I accidentally substituted Anise (licorice) extract for Almond flavoring in the custard I was making to fill some chocolate cups for dessert. EEEWWW.... I like - love licorice. However, this was not good. I thought it would be ok and no one would notice. Wrong. Erin and Dallin were so excited at the dessert... thought it was cute and yummy. Until they tasted it. Icky. :( Fortunately, the rest of dinner was divine. And, best part of all? Alan didn't notice a thing (or so he says) He still thinks it was Almond Custard. Okay- so now we know his taste might not be that distinguished- or he's just a great husband who knows how and when to say the right thing. - I'm banking on the latter. :D


A moment to digress...

I cried when I heard Whitney Houston had died. I was on my way to a meeting for church when I heard the news on the radio. I texted my girls and told them. They were sad too. Yes, I know she didn't make good choices in her life. Actually, I don't know. I don't know anything about her other than what I read or hear on the news. Which, is very little. I try not to pay much attention to the media or television. What I do know is that she had the most amazing gift. I don't think she was a hero, or role model. I don't worship her or even belong to a fan club. (Although when I was a teenager I sooo wanted to be her- until I realized she was black and I didn't have quite the voice -haha- she had) But I am grateful she was blessed with such talent and that I was able to enjoy it. Her voice was unmatched and fills so many memories I have of good times with friends, and great times with my little girls. I think we all watched her and Brandy in Cinderella at least a thousand times. We can sing "Impossible" by heart. :)
Her death, like anyone's cut short, is truly a tragedy. I am sorry for her family, I am sorry for a daughter having to live her life so long without a mother. I wish there was some way other than death for us to leave this life, but I know the plan and am grateful for that. Farewell Whitney. Thank you for providing a beautiful soundtrack to part of my life. :)
Birthday...
It seems like I have been celebrating the whole month of February and I guess that's ok. I had a really great day just doing a lot of happy things.
First-- sleeping in. Yay! My alarm usually goes off at 4:45 am. Yes, for real. I usually head to the gym or meet my friend for a run at 5am. Not today. Today I got up at 6:30. It was heaven. Went to the gym at 8am instead.
Second--Sat myself on the sofa and watched a movie. It was pure rubbish. (well, not the bad kind of rubbish, just not anything I would ever recommend or watch again-- that's why I'm not sharing the title.)
Third-- A fun lunch date with a good friend. It's been at least a million years since we had the chance to visit so I enjoyed it very much. It was wonderful to catch up and rekindle sweet memories.
Fourth--many much texts from friends. and a couple of sweeeeet gifts from those who know me and my tastes best. :)
Fifth-- dinner with my sweetheart (after purchasing a new sofa we have been eyeing since Christmas)
Sixth--a wonderful mini vacation to a friend's cabin in the mountains for the night. We did not get lost on the way up..... at least one of us won't admit it. lol

Seventh-- a beautiful gift I've been coveting since "The Holiday" movie came out. I loved Cameron Diaz's necklace in that movie. That's the reason I watch it so often. (not Jude Law, no way ;) I just want her necklace. Well, thanks to a great daughter and sneaky husband, they found it for me! Of course, I'm sure it's not the real $10,000 one but it's a very close lookalike. I. love. it. :D
Eighth-- many other thoughtful and totally unnecessary gifts from my loved ones. A cute pink girlie shirt from BYUH. A totally cute hat and earrings that I will wear out for sure!

A sweet scarf that I PINNED on Pinterest... thank you Pinterest-- and sneaky family. Some much needed earphones.
Best gifts of all were the calls and skyping with my family. Love my parents, love my kids, love my siblings. Birthdays really have become about counting the blessings I have. .


No comments:
Post a Comment