

Okay, so today after watching conference I was feeling a little homesick for Haley. I think it was the whole conference Bingo thing. Ever since forever, our kids play Bingo during conference. It usually sets me back about 15 bucks in m&ms and other snacks, but they watch all 4 sessions and actually pay attention. The kids got everything ready today as I was texting Haley. She mentioned that she was playing Bingo too. None of her room mates were, just her. I laughed and thought it was great. Train up a child I guess...
My thoughts kept leading to her as I was going through pictures tonight, and I found these. I was actually 9 months pregnant with Haley in the top photo. Ridiculous. Stretch pants?? Stretch, ivory, stirrup pants!! HORRIBLE!! Did we really wear those? Ughhhh. The next picture was in our apartment on Lover's Lane -cute name huh?- in Visalia (Joy- notice the blue striped couch in the background? ;-)It was Christmas and our first on our own as a family. Haley had spent part of the holiday in the hospital with what they thought was the beginnings of spinal meningitis. It's a good thing I didn't really understand the severity of it until later. Funny how the Lord can bless us without us knowing it.
Time goes by way too fast. Really it does. I said good night to Dallin this evening and just poked my head in and blew him a kiss. Wait!! I thought, this boy, this amazing boy that I love so incredibly much--he will be grown up so soon and gone. Then I will not get to hug him good night any longer. I quickly went to his room and gave him an extra long hug and kiss. Heaven on earth. :-)
4 comments:
Those are sweet times! Love your early pictures. The one of you sitting down doesn't even look like you are expecting! So cute of Haley too!
No way you are NINE months pregnant in that picture! Sweet post! According to facebook-- Haley is missing you guys too!
LOVE the striped couch! Thanks for reminding us to enjoy the moments!
Aaron just came out his bed for a kiss!
lol I hope I look as pregnant as you did with me when I'm 9 months pregnant. Even if it means wearing ivory stretch pants. Was I like a 4 lb baby?!?! Seriously there is no baby there.
And I was homesick playing Bingo too lol. And basically all my roommates were making fun of me. But by the end they were just as excited when I got a Bingo because it meant they got to eat my candy too. :)
Post a Comment