Happy belated birthday to Brayden! Alas- I was up North visiting Mom and Dad in Alberta when his birthday rolled around. I was really sorry to have missed the celebration. I did manage to get my famous birthday sugar cookies made for him to take to school before I left. I don't say famous because they are so great. Well, just kidding, they really ARE that great. I can't take credit though. It is just a basic boring Betty Crocker recipe. But somehow, the kids and teachers at school all know about these cookies and I have become quite popular when the need for cookies arises. I suppose with 5 children having gone through the same school, it is about time I got recognized for something.
So why is eight so great? Well, first of all, it means your allowance goes up by $1. ( A great thing when you are saving for everything.) Second, Cub Scouts...... ;D To an eight year old boy, putting on a special shirt and going to hang out with other 8 year old boys is just cool. It doesn't really matter what you do. The fact that you get to go to your special thing at this "club" for other boys your age is the best. Being 8 also means you get to be baptized. Of course, this is the coolest thing of all. The big day will happen January 2nd and we can't wait! Taking your 8 year-old baptism portrait isn't so cool, but an established tradition at the Christensen home (something we have yet to do because of the lack of "cool-ness")
No comments:
Post a Comment