Soccer season number ? I sat down and tried to do the math on how many seasons of soccer we have gone through with all 5 kids and gave up. Let's just say that during the Fall and sometimes Spring months our lives have revolved around the sport since Haley was 5. Both Dallin and Brayden say this is their last season.. Hmmmm, I don't know if I should celebrate or be a bit sad. Either way, we had a great season as I only had to take blankets to 2 games!
SCOUTS
Dallin finally received his Star Scout award at the last court of honor. He actually earned the rank the day before he turned 12. He worked really hard with Dad to get that done. It happened so fast, I feel like we missed out on the pain and drudgery I often hear about associated with Scouts. I guess there is always the Eagle Project to give me that right?
SANTA MONICA
Labor Day family trip (minus Haley) with friends to Santa Monica Pier. We love living in California -- ok let me clarify that -- We love living near the beaches in California and don't get there often enough for me or the kids. We went with our friends the Rodriguez's and had a great time. The boys have become boogie board experts and are clamoring to learn how to surf. The girls spent their time soaking up some rays - ipods in tow- and we all appreciated getting out of town away from the busy-ness of life.
HALLOWEEN
Halloween at our house is notably crazy chaos. Since the kids have gotten out of the younger stage, I never seem to quite get ahead of all the costume putting together and vow each year to be better. This should be getting easier right? I am not complaining. I LOVE Halloween and we just go with the flow. I will say that this year I was utterly shocked when I realized I did not carve one pumpkin! No hollowing out, no helping with the lids, no slimy- gooey pumpkin guts on my hands (I really hate that stuff) I was so happy I almost cried. It was a beautiful thing. :-)Erin had one last item to complete for her personal progress award. Halloween dinner was it! Sloppy joe monsters!
Jaime, Chloe, Emma, Abby- the four seasons. Erin- Kim Possible (complete with ring tone) and Hunter- foot ball star
Love these girls!!
No comments:
Post a Comment