Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Cambria getaway


We love living in Bakersfield until the 103 heat kicks in. Then, we really LOVE living 2 hours from the coast. The kids (minus Haley) and I took off to Cambria for a few days and it was D.I.V.I.N.E! Love, love, love that little city and all it's wonders. We managed to watch at least 12 episodes of Monk- strange little show I never really got- until watching 10 episodes.. now I am hooked- stayed up late, slept in late, played games and oh yes, we did get outside. A-LOT.... We saw and experienced tides pools unmatched by any I have ever seen, slept in the sun, found the sea otters, played in the sand, took lots of pictures, and loved sorting through the amazing pebbles along Moonstone beach-- just beautiful.


Star fish posing....

Jaime is the master tide pool collector-- a purple and orange star fish were among her finds.




No comments: