A couple weeks ago I sent Dallin and Alan off to Boy Scout camp and Erin and Jaime to our stake girls' camp. I am always at camp with the girls, but not this year. Alan is Scoutmaster so he had to be with the boys the same week. Yuck. Bad idea. Usually we both go up and are leaders on the 3rd year girls' hike. It is a lot of work, but a great time :-). I decided this might be a good year to stay home and have some Mom and Brayden time. Well, after I got over the initial depression of not being at Big Meadow - Brayden and I ended up really having good week.
I say good, because I just didn't know what to do with ONE child... it's been 18 1/2 years since I've had only ONE at home. I had to re-train all my thinking. Thankfully, I quickly remembered that ONE child is much better when there are TWO-- meaning a friend his own age to play with ;D Reinforcements were called in when needed and it was great to enjoy our time together.

I drove our Youth Leaders (older girls) to their river rafting trip and then on up the mountain to Big Meadow. It was fun to see the girls take on the rock wall before heading down the Kern River. Brayden, of course, had to show off for all the cute girls...


I drove our Youth Leaders (older girls) to their river rafting trip and then on up the mountain to Big Meadow. It was fun to see the girls take on the rock wall before heading down the Kern River. Brayden, of course, had to show off for all the cute girls...
While everyone was gone, one of my early morning projects was to paint the hall. We have this lovely (using that word lightly) brown paint all over the house. I do like the color, but not everywhere. Our hall is huge-- about 33 feet long with 9 foot ceilings. Alan recently installed the tile and since then we have renamed it the bowling alley. It is ridiculous. The Sherwin Williams guy thought I was nuts when I asked for 2 gallons of paint for my hallway. He sold me one promising that would be enough.... I was unhappily back that afternoon for the second gallon. Brayden and I finished it at 10:30 the night before the campers got home. I love the way it turned out.... thanks to a terrific friend's choice in color...
"Primed" hallway- it looks better already.
No comments:
Post a Comment