Sunday, February 27, 2011

"The longer I live...

Birthdays are getting a little less exciting, the older I get. But this year, thanks to some terrific friends, wonderful family, and sweet hubby, it seemed as though the celebration just kept going and going....

To start with- pedicures and a night out with the girls-- (I had a photo up of my cute toes, but Dallin said it wasn't pleasant to look at so... photo removed)
We were slightly interrupted by a small collision of my newly licensed teenage driver. But,do you think that stopped the evening? No way. I just picked her up, checked out the damage, and brought her along. What else is a mother to do?

way cool gift from my cooking college girl and pendant from my island college girl
a GREAT and so necessary gift from a loving friend who brought it by after hearing I had gone back to bed after taking the kids to school- unheard of at my house! Just the pick me up I needed. :o)
A thoughtful visit and sweet bouquet from someone "in tune" enough just to know.
More friends later with cake, ice cream and cupcakes was almost the highlight of the week until....

.... the ROAD trip
YESS!
Travelling to Provo for the weekend with some great ladies to see my big girl was the icing on the cake. We hit more Pizza places and ate more junk food than I have in a very long time.
Of course we had to do more girl stuff.. Manicures, pedicures, facials, etc.....
Taught Haley how to make cake balls-- college students need to know how to do these things..
And, saw the most AMAZING balloon creation guy on the planet! Seriously-- Brick Oven on Monday nights. He is the BEST!
Sadly, I did have to come back to reality. But really- my reality is pretty great these days. Like one of my favourite quotes--
"the longer I live, the more beautiful life becomes".
Truely true.

2 comments:

Haley said...

I'm only completely embarrassed by the picture of my ghostly white facial face.

that's okay it felt divine. thanks for teaching me to cook. and lots of other great things too. :)

Mamawags said...

It was a great trip!! Maybe we'll have to make it a yearly event... as long as we have kids there!! :)