Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's adventures..

So, my wonderful spur of the moment friend came up with this terrific plan for our husbands to go on an Amazing Race Valentine's date. Great! Fantastic idea--- when you have a week or two to plan.... NOT 2 days! More like 36 hours--that was how quickly this night came together. I have a really crazy friend- or should I say friends.... We worked frantically with texts and calls and pulled it together without them suspecting a thing.

The men got a call to go meet with the Stake President (high official in our church) at exactly 6:00 pm. Knowing our husbands, that was the ONLY way we could get them pulled away from their Saturday "stuff". They stressed and wondered... even got a little upset.. about what POSSIBLY the Stake President could want??
When they arrived they were given great pink shirts (below) and their clues. After the initial relief that the Stake President didn't really need them they were off on their quest. They ended up all over town doing some pretty silly things and finally back at a house for a divine meal and their lovely wives waiting for them. It was a really fun night and I think the men didn't even mind their shirts. If I knew how to link to the site where the idea came from I would. Just ask Mrs. Google for help. I say she must be a Mrs. because she is so good at finding things ;) --unlike some of our men that night...
For the actual Valentine's day, we celebrated in all the usual Christensen ways. Dinner in the dining room-- heart shaped meatloaf (not pretty enough for a picture- but it tasted great) Chocolate strawberries, pink milk, and lots of yummy treats for my Valentines' near and far.
Hope your day was divine!!

1 comment:

Mary said...

What a fun game :) Looks like some happy men!