Graduation!!
"If you avoid difficult things, great things will avoid you" George Brimhall
22 years after Alan and I graduated from BYU-- we have a college graduate!
Haley earned her BA in Communications with a PR emphasis and a minor in Web Design.
We traveled out to Provo for the ceremony and packed up her four years worth of life.
After much thought, on graduation day she accepted a position with Mercury Public Affairs firm in Sacramento.
Life as a grown up now begins!!
Commencement at the Marriott Center |
![]() |
| Photo with President Samuelson and his wife?... we couldn't pass that up. Besides, they gave us free BYU creamery coupons after the photo. Totally worth it!! |
College of Communications
Walking the walk
To top off our day, we just happened upon Donny Osmond outside the concert hall. Being that Haley is such a big fan --- or maybe that's her Mom-- we decided to hunt him down for an autograph. Brayden was the first one to find him. As he asked for his autograph for his "sister", Mr. Osmond kindly looked down at him and said "you probably don't even know who I am, do you kid?" To which I earnestly replied, "Oh no, we saw you on Dancing with the Stars, I just saw your show in Vegas... of course he knows who you are!" (kind of) Anyway, it was the cherry on the sprinkles on the whipped cream on the cheesecake for the weekend.
and since I mentioned Cheesecake.... we opted for a celebratory dinner at the Cheesecake Factory with family and friends. It was a heavenly day.
So a big thank you goes out to our beloved BYU. Thanks so much for taking such great care of our girl. Thanks so much for being a great campus with great memories and great opportunities. You have prepared our girl for the great big world. We feel so blessed that she is ready and excited for the challenges ahead. Rise and Shout to you Brother Brigham Young. Did you ever imagine such a place when you founded this University? Actually, I think you probably did.





No comments:
Post a Comment