Saturday, November 15, 2008

a special meal

So I decided to get started thinking about dressing up our dining room table and began setting it with nice dinnerware and goblets. Arranging the centerpieces and just making it look festive. It just happened to be the night before Brayden's birthday. In the morning he informed me that he was so happy the table was set just special for HIS birthday meal. A meal consisting of hot dogs, marshmallow salad, mashed potatoes, cucumbers and monkey bread. I didn't have the heart to tell him no, I was just setting it to be pretty. After all, what is more special than celebrating the day someone we love so much came into our family-- even if it is with hot dogs :-)

2 comments:

Bubbleyumgirl said...

That's gorgeous, Renee. I didn't know that was YOUR house in the Enrichment Night photos you sent! I can't wait to see it in person!! With Mia!! SQUEEEEE!!!!

Sherry said...

WOW!!! what a cute 7 year old....I mean handsome 7 year old. How are you going to top this next year. Thanks for the invite to your blog. We love following you guys and your kids. Our kids just ADORE your kids as do we. Tell everyone hi