Wednesday, February 24, 2010

DiSneY WoRLd!!


February found us being very irresponsible parents and pulling our kids out of school for a week to go on a family vacation. Yes, we planned it. I am guilty. It has a been almost 2 weeks now and we are still suffering with makeup work and deficiency notices and even a note telling me Dallin is in danger of failing -PE- due to his "lack of activity" and participation over the past month, etc, etc... Well, we had a terrific time and if my 7th grader fails PE because of it? I think I will still be able to sleep at night.
We flew in on a Sunday night -got all the info from the front desk (including a map highlighted with the 24 hour pools and hot tubs on the hotel complex) We planned out the week and off we were!
The happy Parents...

The happy children...


With happy cousins! And yes, I did bribe Tanner and Dallin to take a picture with Sleeping Beauty.


Updating our silhouettes



Hand prints at Hollywood Studios



There are days...... I should be so lucky!!

Haley in the slowest car at Disneyworld.... if determination and patience were fuel, she would have beat us all

Does this picture help you understand my world better now?



We loved Epcot! We had a little rain though... actually, it was a downpour. Fortunately, our last trip to Disneyworld was accompanied by hurricane Floyd. Yup, that was fun---S0, in reality, this was a piece of cake. We bought Winn Dixie ponchos (my idea in advance- .99 centers- thank you) not the Disney 7$ ones. Which then allowed us to buy a bowl of soup later- or maybe it was just the crackers... It was an adventure and we just laughed as Dallin navigated us through the park. We saw every show, played every game and visited every indoor attraction possible. At Epcot, most of these are very educational. Don't tell me my kids didn't learn something on this trip. We are the best cartoon trash recyclers and space ship fliers around. Although, I did forget to hit all those navigating buttons on the trip to Mars in Mission Space.. ooops.

Sodas from around the world: all the soda you can stomach, I mean drink, from countries all over the world. All of them NASTY! Although, some votes were cast for China. Not mine. Chinese soda is just wrong. Sorry.

The boys AlWayYs found something to entertain themselves with.

Rainforest cafe volcanoes and crazy frozen boys who rode the Cali river rapids at the EnD of the day. Not once, but THREE times. They were soaked and luckily, not riding back to my brother's house with me.... I love you Kevin!

La Nouba-- Alan and I went to the Cirque show at downtown Disney for my birthday present one night while the kids enjoyed the condo. It was mesmerizing, stunning, and did I mention created by a .... Canadian based company? :o)

Well, this is the end of our Disney adventure. It was a wonderful trip, complete with a stay at my brother and sister-in-law's house in West Palm Beach. We found the sun and sand, enjoyed a beautiful Valentine's day dinner with Grandma, Grandpa and the rest of the family minus Em and Wade, saw some amazing animals -and a mediocre movie, ate divine frozen custard, took some fun photos in cool purple shoes (more to come), rode on 4 airplanes and have great memories.


So, Mr. PE teacher, I will be sending you a link to this blog in case you have any doubts that we had a trip full of activity. Oh, and did I mention the 10 million miles we walked each day? And, the full on sprint we had to make with ALL our luggage through the Atlanta airport just to make our connection?

It only seems fitting to post these last pictures of the kids as your adventure through our vacation comes to an end. If you are still awake, kudos to you and thanks for reading!

4 comments:

Grammy said...

What a fun trip, and I really wouldn't be concerned about PE either!

Mamawags said...

Every family deserves a trip that is outside of the 'rule' line... I'm glad you had a great time. That is what counts :)

Debbie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Debbie said...

Whoops-- hit the trash button! Anyway- Looks like a great time, even in the rain! Brings back such fun memories. Haley said you were there with your parents. I love trips with extended family!!