Brayden came to my room a couple weeks ago on a particularly busy morning and said there was a surprise for me in the kitchen. I was thinking maybe a new lego creation, or he had his homework all done, or had made his bed. (Mornings at our house start EARLY and stay BUSY until we are all out the door. Especially on days that I sub.) He was very giddy and could hardly wait. Much to my surprise I came out to find he had made my lunch complete with name written on the front so I would not mistake it for his. He had also made lunches for his sisters. I was not in the best of moods looking at the week I had ahead, but this little act of service was so amazing it still makes my day. He was so proud of himself he continued to make lunches for us for the entire week without being asked. It was one of those Mommy moments that just had to be shared.

Brayden finished up basketball and Dallin ended soccer season last month. So now it's on to baseball. Dallin is a Dodger and Brayden is a Giant. We aren't the biggest Dodger fans so this was really tough for our family (umm okay--just tough for the boys and Haley. Confession: I really couldn't care less.... I just love to watch my boys play. :-) We signed Brayden up for the same league as Dallin's thinking that would be easier. Well, when each boy has 20 games, that equals 40 plus practices. I think I am going to go insane -- With music lessons and Erin's swimming (photos to come later) and getting Jaime ready for graduation- I'm really getting to know the workers at the new Jack in the Box down the road. LIFE is crazy these days... but fun.
Finally, after years of watching his older brother Dallin have all the fun at Pinewood Derby, Brayden got his chance to shine! His car won first place in his group and was also awarded best workmanship. This boy was in heaven and is already planning out next years colors and styles.
Dallin was chosen again to participate in the Kern County Honor Orchestra. The concert was great and he absolutely loved being involved.
It was sad to leave Haley once again, but good to see her settled and getting ready for the end of another semester. We enjoyed a great Easter dinner at Grandma Christensen's and then hit the road. We were so anxious to get on the way that we were really, I mean really, really BAD PARENTS. We stopped in Las Vegas for gas and ooops, didn't realize Brayden and Dallin left the car to use the restroom until ummm... welll, you get the picture.. It wasn't pretty. The girls were laughing and I was secretly panicking that the rather friendly "hydrogen test car" guy my husband had struck up a conversation with while pumping gas had kidnapped my boys and sold them to some Vegas freeeeeaaks! We managed to turn around and get back to them rather quickly, but they were not happy campers. Can't imagine why?? Yikes..
3 comments:
Hahaha!! Sorry, but I had to laugh at you guys leaving the boys!! Jim's family did that to his sister long ago and it is one of the best childhood stories that is talked about over and over!! So far we haven't left anyone... but who knows what the future will hold!!
P.S. it was fun seeing your daughter before you did :) And even more fun being in Utah before the snow (almost, it was snowing when we were leaving!)
Ummm...so Brent and I are ROLLING. You know Brent's deep belly laugh, let's just saying, he's still laughing.
And..I'm with you on White Easter. NOT FUN!!! Bleh!
I'm serious about buying a print or copy of one of Jaime's, are any for sale?
I'm sure they didn't mind too much and knew you'd be back for them soon! Sorry we missed you over Easter- and that you were so miserable with the weather! Spring can be crazy here-- Vegas was cold half the time we were there- darn! Jaime's art is beautiful, she must be so excited for school!! :)
Post a Comment